Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Diva Challenge #136 - Color!

I took this challenge very literally, and used colored pens and colored pencils in my drawing.  It actually started out a few weeks ago when the challenge was to use Tipple, but I never finished it.  I'm not thrilled with the background pattern, but there you have it.  The colors don't translate well from the tile to the scan, so I have to figure out a better way of getting them on my computer.

I'm taking a college level intro art class, since the only thing I seem to be able to draw are different tangle patterns, and I don't even do those very well.  My professor saw some of my doodles and loved them.  Too bad I can't figure out how to draw faces or body parts for the life of me.  The portrait I was doing of my 5 year old son looks like my 5 year old actually did it.  I'll just stick to my doodles, thanks!


4 comments:

  1. I like the tangles and colors you used.
    Like you I cannot draw faces a.s.o., but I LOVE the fact that I can make beuatiful art with Zentangle!!! And I am so thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I think drawing is just a matter of practice (practice, practice, practice.......), though, admittedly I don't much like drawing faces either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of colored pens was perfect in this piece! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, thanks for sharing your art...it's very lovely, and don't be too hard on yourself....one of my favorite quotes is from Yerzy Kosiuski.."The principle of true art is not to portray, but to evoke." Your tangle evokes lots of fun and joy! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete